Chuck Gould Chuck Gould is offline

Default What is the Barrel for???

scbafreak via BoatKB.com wrote:
In the old days, of the great sailing ships, water was kept on deck in a
cask for sailors. It was rationed, and was therefore kept under guard.

Perhaps it's a water cask.

I just got some drawings from a designer that happens to have one of these
barrels. The drawins aren't actual build drawings just something to look at
and help mull over a decision. The barrel seems to be a propane tank but I
am not entirely sure.

In my opinion, that is nowhere close to ABYC compliant for a propane
tank. Also, it's way too big. Assuming propane would only be used for
the galley stove on that sailboat, that would be about a year's supply.