Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default hunter 34

Claiming that someone can't have a valid opinion because he's never
been
out of sight of land or doesn't have a captain's license is a pretty
poor way to debate an issue in my opinion.

Dan, that's pretty much the MO of a lot of sailors online. The funny
thing is that in their world, the pond sailor is laughed at by the lake
sailor, the lake sailor is looked down on by the coastal sailor and the
blue water sailor laughs at everyone. Well, that's "their" world. I
know folks who sail on lakes and ya know, they seem to enjoy their
boats just fine.

Now, I'll stay on topic after this and leave it be. I was the driving
force (such as it was) on ASA by posting silly sailing stuff. Sometimes
great sailing discussion came out of it. But I left ASA. Enough is
enough. As you can see these folks will leech onto any threat I start
or participate in. They can't help it. Look at ASA. Virtually no
sailing chat since I left.
And that's a fact even poor Scotty would have to admit to.

Robert
35s5
NY