Dan Best Dan Best is offline

Default Porta-Bote: was hunter 34

Charlie Morgan wrote:
Porta-bote!

I see you changed out the oarlocks. Good move.

Yeah, after using that 12' Porta-Bote almost everyday for 2 years in the
tropical sun, we've got some pretty strong opinions about it. Most of
them positive and a couple negative. Overall, we are very happy with it
and I really can't see us ever going back to an inflatable.

I've posted detailed reviews on the Bote here and other places, so I
won't go into detail except to correct something I said in an early post
(a couple of years ago). Back then, I said that getting into it from
the water was more difficult than getting into our inflatable Avon. I
was wrong. We just hadn't figured out the technique yet. After getting
back into it after snorkeling untold dozens of times, I can now state
definitively that they are just as easy to get into from the water using
a couple of different techniques.