Jeff Jeff is offline

Default hunter 34

Capt. Rob wrote:
Why don't you tell us how you bragged all summer
3 years ago that you were planning a trip "out of sight of land" but
then never quite got around to it! How many times have you been 50
miles from your slip? Once, twice? How many times have you been out
longer than two nights? Once?

So everyone knows you're not lying, please post where I "bragged" about
a trip out of sight of land.

Bob claims he never brags about trips he plans to take. All of these
are from different posts:

"One of the trips we're thinking of doing is a Nowhere-Trip"

"That's pretty much what we were told....We talked about it last
night. Suzanne is excited by the idea. Spindrift has radar, epirb, 3
vhf radios, radar reflector and so on....we'd use it. That what it's
there for. We'd try to pick a safe weather window. "

"Someday? This summer we will take Alien out of sight of land. "

And here we get 2 for the price of 1:
"We are also planning our cruise to nowhere straight offshore in about
4 weeks. I'm really looking forward to that. We'll head out and away
until we lose sight of NY/NJ and sail back.
We're also looking into the Around LI Race, but we have yet to secure
a proper liferaft as required. I suppose we could just "race" without
entering officially, which we may do."

"This summer we plan to do the around LI race, block island and our
cruise to nowhere. "

BTW, while looking I found what Bob really thinks of Hunters. And he
calls me a "boat-basher"?

"Just so lurkers are not misled, Hunter is much like Bayliner. They
build very cheap boats for people who won't or can't spend on the
quality stuff."

"Hunter and Beneteau have built some of the cheapest and ugly boats.
Hunter continues with ugly designs while Beneteau builds a fast, but
way-cheap product. There are far better boats out there so keep looking. "

"Up to a point. While they rival Beneteau is cheapness, at least the
Beneteau boats sail well. Even Mac26x owners seem to live in a world
of pain, knowing they bought at the bottom, but Beneteau and Hunter
owners are dilusional, thinking they own good boats. "

"At one point I was interested in the Hunter line. I read up on the
history of the boats, spoke to people on the web and at clubs about
new models and old. I have friends that work in yards as well as doing
special surveys. It didn;t take long to learn that the Hunter is
terribly built. Beyond that it's one of the ugliest things on the water."

"Don't choose a passionless design from Hunter as they are mere
marketing objects. Beyond very light cruising it will dissapoint you
in many respects. "

"Like the Coronado's and Bucaneer's, people will look back on thier
Hunter's and Mac26x's and say, 'It seemed a good idea at the time.'"

I actually only asked about it. 50 miles
from our slip? Plenty of times, but not this summer.

Plenty of times? Even your trip to The Thimbles was under 50 miles.
Your trip to NJ probably wasn't that far, as the sea gull flies. So
what are we left with? One trip to Gull Island. I guess in your mind
that's "plenty of times." And as everyone knows by now, if you left
the dock at all, everyone has to hear about it!

Longer than two
nights? Too many times to remember.

sure thing, Bob. Sleeping at the slip doesn't count.

Like I said, Jeff. I'm a troll.

Bob was proud of his record of trolling on ASA. While most of us
tried to be at least somewhat civil, Bob was proud of his pathological
lying. He bashed everyone's boat, while he bragged incessantly about
his possessions. Now he's trying to say none of that really happened.