Jeff Jeff is offline

Default hunter 34

shaun wrote:
Jeff wrote:
snip

Not really. Even though I've been on dozens of trips 10 times longer
than your little hop, including being 50 miles offshore a number of
times, I wouldn't presume to advise on the offshore capability of a
vessel other than one I've actually sailed in heavy weather, on a real
ocean.
snip

50 miles offshore.....wow....was it bad.....did the boat tip.....

Not very likely. Actually I had more offshore experience in previous
(and other person's) boats. Now I travel with wife and kid; they're
not as fond of slugging through weather in the middle of the night as
I used to be.

http://www.rlyachts.net/index24.asp
in that case this little boat is a world cruiser too.
i have had this out in one of our (storms) fresh breeze to us
broached surfing down a wave ...yes i was being and idiot but i was
having a ball at the time from memory the forecast at the time 40 to 45
knot winds 3 meter swell with 2 to 3 meter waves.yes i was knackerd
after wards sore bruised ribs ect does it stop me NO.

If this is what you consider an offshore boat why are you asking about
Hunters?

Wind and waves do not bother me....reefs fog big tides yes that makes me
very nervous and those great big slab sided things called container
ships scare the **** outa me.
P.S does the Indian ocean qualify as a REAL ocean

Here in New England we don't have reefs, but do have rocks, lots of
fog, and big tides. The container ships we send to New York.

The North Atlantic counts as a real ocean too, but most of us stay off
it during the winter.