posted to rec.boats.building
Michael Prewett Michael Prewett is offline

Default Steel hull insulation

I'm considering purchasing a small steel-hulled yacht, but she does not
have any insulation. I would imagine that the immediate problems in a
European summer will be excessive heat,condensation, and to a lesser
extent, noise. Retro-fitting insulation is an option, possibly in
stages, and I'm wondering whether anyone would have some views on this.
My initial thoughts tend toward the use of foam board, room permitting.
(I know that Alubat offer foam insulation as an option on their
aluminium boats, fitting boards between frames, but I don't know what
material they use - I would imagine that it is some form of polyurethane).

Michael Prewett