Default hunter 34... broker

I am seriously in the market for a replacement sailboat.
I was offer a sea trial several time. Each time, before the trial the
broker insisted on having a deposit to show my good intend.
I soon learned that the Sea Trial approach was a broker's tactic to secure a
deposit.
Once the deposit is secured by the broker the negotiation wheel starts.
You then get involved in surveying cost for the hull and the engine. Then
if you are not happy about the boat you may ask for you deposit and you
write off the surveying cost.
In some places the broker may retain administration cost out of your
deposit? I do not have any statistic on how fast you can get your deposit
back?

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

other brokers charge for this?

Have you ever shopped for a boat. There are many small brokers that
don't offer a sea trial at all.

Robert
35s5
NY