Default hunter 34... broker

I do not have an axe to grind with Brokers. It is just that for a 10%
commission I tough I was going to get some legal protection and assurance
that a sailboat is in good sailing condition and fit to be purchased at the
asking/neg. price.
I was told point blank by a broker that it was not worth it to list a
$20.000. sailboat because his commission would only be $2.000. The
supervision a broker provides is not legally binding. This means that if
something turns sours the broker is not legally accountable. Then what
legal value has the broker's certification? If a surgeon or family
physician make a mistake he/she can be sued for malpractice. An architect
or engineer and other professions are hold responsible for their actions and
recommended calculations and designs.

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"DSK" wrote in message