posted to alt.sailing.asa,rec.boats
basskisser basskisser is offline

Default Congratulations

Calif Bill wrote:
"jps" wrote in message
In article , lid
says...
No congratulations are in order. This shouldn't be an us vs. them
situation.
Now that the House is under Dem leadership, perhaps some thoughtful
discussion can happen between the two parties. If the Senate goes also,
that
will make it even more likely, since the only alternative is gridlock.

Indeed. Congratulations should be extended to the framers for their
check and balance foresight and the American citizenry for exercising
their right to vote their conscience.

We have an opportunity to repair what's gone wrong if the partisanship
can get set aside or at least somewhat muted.

If Bush is demanding and attempts to push politically-motivated
"reforms" such as social security, he'll cement the Ds position as the
preferred party.

jps

Unfortunately, you picked a reform that is needed. Social Security. Quit
giving all our children's money to the older generation now. SS was never
the national retirement system. Let us hope that Pelosi does not try to be
vinductive, The country wants improvements, not witch hunts.

I agree, the country needs improvements. The number one improvement
will be snatching the reins of the republicans responsible for the mess
we're in.