posted to rec.boats.electronics
Bill Kearney Bill Kearney is offline

Default What speakers will fit in a Boat arch

Well, I have a powerboat. I also have Russound speakers, at home both
inside and out. Having seen their construction and also having seen the
various styles of speakers put into boats I'll stick with my observations.
What a manufacturer, or their sales agent, might claim doesn't really hold
much water compared to experience. (pun intended)

Then there's the question of fidelity and suitability of them in a boat's
radar arch. A boat's cockpit is not a situation known for it's acoustics.
It'd sum up as a 'waste' to put those speakers in that installation if you
used fidelity as a guide. Sure, you COULD, but then you'd get into the
durability question. A powerboat isn't just harsh from a moisture
perspective, there's also vibration.

As one boat owner to another I wouldn't recommend those speakers for the
situation the original poster suggested.

But hey, sell it all you like.

-Bill Kearney

"Robert L Bass" wrote in message
. ..
I would NOT put Russound speakers into that environment...

The manufacturer disagrees with you, Bill. The following is from their

write-up on Outback series speakers: