Dave Hall

Default Cuban Boating

Mark Browne wrote:

snip
But, you still focus on "illegal", even though the food these people

produce
is crucial to the healthy development of your children. Perhaps I'm

overly
suspicious, but all of this leads me to one conclusion. You're a racist.

(Notice no mention of Islam). I focus on illegal, because that's what it
is. What good are established laws, if we routinely look the other way,
when it suits us? What message does this send? There is an established
procedure that one follows when immigrating to this country. Either
follow it or get out. It's that simple. It has nothing to do with any
individual's race or ethnic background.

Dave

I trust you never exceed the posted speed limits. I will always find you
poking around in the right lane, slower that the flow of traffic because of
your rigid adherence to established (and clearly posted) laws. We all know
that disregard for individual laws lead to the general breakdown of respect
for all laws. I can only assume that if you could not follow the laws of
this country, that you would "get out" as you stated above.

This is always the defense that gets thrown back at me, when I defend
the concepts and principles of the law. The old "You have no right to
demand adherence to the law, if you break any one of them, however
trivial". Usual examples are either speeding, or jaywalking. Not wanting
to nit pick over the differences between summary offenses, versus actual
crimes, let's just say that, if this is going to be your ,and the
justification for ignoring any specific law, then you might want to
consider that by this logic, ANY law is open for challenge. I could kill
your wife, or steal your car, and then claim that you have no right to
complain, because you break the speeding law.

You can hopefully see now, how silly this defense becomes.....

Dave