Skip Gundlach Skip Gundlach is offline

Default Baltic 43...a mistake????

Hi, Capt...

Capt. Rob wrote:

I've decided to fly to Florida to look over the boat afterall. Last
Friday I sailed with a fellow who had some 1st hand experience with the
43 and that restarted my interest in the boat. I have to be in St.
Petersburg soon anyway to examine a sail inventory so it's all good.
As far as the 43 being hard to sail shorthanded...the fellow who
delivered one does not agree. He found her easy to handle and a "small"
43 footer overall. In spite of the draft...I'll keep my eyes wide open.
I'm off for a sail. Seems like TODAY will be the last of the season for
Heart of Gold.

There is no depth in which you won't run aground no matter your draft,
if you're coming ashore. So, I say go for it and watch the charts and
get local knowledge.

We draw nearly 7' and have absolutely no qualms about heading to the
Bahamas as quickly as we get a few more loose ends tied up.

In the meantime, we're in St. Pete and would be happy to see you aboard
if you'd like. Depending on where you're coming in, and where the
sails are, I might even give you a ride if you're not already set in
that department.

L8R

Skip

Morgan 461 #2
SV Flying Pig KI4MPC
See our galleries at www.justpickone.org/skip/gallery!
Follow us at http://groups.google.com/group/flyingpiglog and/or

away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore.
Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain

Robert
35s5