Eisboch Eisboch is offline

Default Trip called off...

"JoeSpareBedroom" wrote in message

"Eisboch" wrote in message

Although we're all capable of evaluating these things objectively, I
wonder sometimes if a boat looks more attractive because it's a type you
rarely see in your area. Here, the one I saw stood out as unique because
it was not a bubble boat. And, it reminded me of my dad's 32 ft Luhrs.

When we were shopping for our first new boat we must have looked at over a
dozen different manufacturers and did some basic research on all of them.
Then, one day, I saw the Navigator sitting on the hard in a dealership. I
had never seen one or even heard of one ... I knew absolutely nothing about
them. So, I started doing some research on the history and asking around.
Being a west coast boat, very few here on the east knew anything about them.
What was impressing me about it was how it was built, particularly in the
engine room. Compared to other manufacturers of the same approximate sized
boat everything seemed heavy duty, including the stringers. It's not as
fancy in terms of finish work in the cabins and staterooms as some others,
but it's neat and cleanly done.

Anyway, we continued looking around and then ran into a old salt who ran
boats back and forth to Florida for the owners. Many of the boats he ran are
very well known and have excellent reputations. I asked him which, of all
the boats he had made the run in over the years, would be his choice as
being the best all around. He answered, "A west coast boat called a
Navigator". Up until this point he had no idea we had looked at one. When
I told him, he spent some time telling us sea tales of some of his trips and
the performance of the Navigator in heavy seas.

So, we went back and looked harder at it. Hired a surveyor who confirmed my
layman's observation of the stout nature of the hull. Broke out the
checkbook and we've enjoyed it very much since.

Eisboch