Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default researching live-aboard cruising boats - DSK

On Mon, 06 Nov 2006 09:17:44 -0500, DSK wrote:

A couple of reasons, the main one is also a big reason why
we did not get a sailboat for serious cruising: sun exposure
& skin cancer.

Yes, that's a big issue for serious cruisers, especially on sailboats.
We have a full enclosure on our flybridge which helps a lot, but still
need to wear a hat during mid day.

Bridge clearance depends on where you boat of course but not a problem
for us except in the Keys.

The visibility and sense of openness on the flybridge is what makes it
important to me. I'd never give it up unless I was in a hostile
climate.