DSK DSK is offline

Default researching live-aboard cruising boats - DSK

Cal Vanize wrote:
May I ask why NO FLYING BRIDGE?

A couple of reasons, the main one is also a big reason why
we did not get a sailboat for serious cruising: sun exposure
& skin cancer.

The flying bridge also increases clearance height, and many
of the inland routes we like to explore have low bridges.
Poor access to the working areas of the deck when anything
is happening. It's an uncomfortable place to ride in rolly
conditions. Another reason is that I don't like their looks,
most of 'em anyway.

Instead we chose a boat with very good visibility from the
pilothouse, and very good access in & out.

It limits the search, since apparently 99% of powerboats
have flying bridges, but then we don't worry about following
the horde. We don't watch TV either

Fair Skies
Doug King