DSK DSK is offline

Default Baltic 43...a mistake????

"Capt" Rob wrote:
recently got a heads up that a Baltic 43 was going to be set for
auction in Florida.

If true, then one wonders if it's the same Baltic 43 that
was donated to the Navy Academy in a state of disassembly.

The problem....obviously a unique deal and obviously too much boat for
us at present.

But it would make a great stepping stone.

... That's not
to say you can't daysail what you want, but a Baltic 43 is a true
bluewater yacht.

??? Not in the sense that most people use the term.

I'd be interested in what YOU would do if presented with this
opportunity.

Personally, I'm not interested in a Baltic 43. I like the
older 42.

One issue with the Baltic 43 is that the cockpit is NOT laid
out for casual daysailing when short handed. While two
people could sail almost any 43-footer (given reasonable
skills & equipment), this one is not going to be easy or
fun. Other than that, it's truly a super boat.

Matt O'Toole wrote:
Well as someone noted it's a huge discount. So if you like the boat and
you really want it, then go for it if you can afford it, but get a good
survey done first.

Good idea. By a real surveyor too, not an unlicensed phony
"internet captain" surveyor.

If you have so many friends who want to sail her, then you shouldn't have
trouble finding crew for daysailing, if the boat is too big to handle by
yourselves.

Well put.

As others mentioned, there is also the draft issue.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King