billgran billgran is offline
Member

Default E-Tec problems

After further review, I think that's a FICHT. I wish I had a high
resolution photo, but I do believe that's a FICHT. It's hard to tell
because there isn't enough of the other side to tell if it's injected
or carbed, but it looks like my old FICHT.

That bottom photo is definitely an E-TEC V-6.

It is not an oiling problem from from what I can tell. It also is easy to
determine that it did not use factory oil ( which is not required) because
of the carbon deposits on the top cylinder, #2. The Bombardier oils are
non-metallic and do not leave hardened deposits on the top of the piston. On
a motor with over 1000 hours on it, yes Karen it was a FICHT, you could wipe
the piston clean with your finger and still read the part number printed on
the piston top.

Bill Grannis
service manager