ksmith1 ksmith1 is offline

Default E-Tec problems

Short Wave Sportfishing wrote:
On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 11:37:25 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Sat, 04 Nov 2006 22:49:52 -0700, Jeff Burke
wrote:

On Sun, 05 Nov 2006 04:53:28 +0000, ksmith1 wrote:

So I don't like this but as there's pics involved here's a link.

http://bbcboards.zeroforum.com/zerot...postid=1261996

So take a look at the pics!!! a very close look & this um is a "dealer"
saying it's all down to the owner??? because they didn't use the really
really expensive dealer only oil???

Has this type of damage ever happened to one of these motors that was using the
recommended oil?

No and that's not an E-TEC.

After further review, I think that's a FICHT. I wish I had a high
resolution photo, but I do believe that's a FICHT. It's hard to tell
because there isn't enough of the other side to tell if it's injected
or carbed, but it looks like my old FICHT.

And a dirty one at that.

Ah the nuff nuff desperate:-) It's a wonder you don't claim it's fuel
consumption has dropped to nil per hour:-)

I did tell you to "look" read the ladel on the tank.

The "special" super expensive dealer ONLY oil wasn't & isn't available
for Ficht.

Maybe you're just confirming that an E-Tec is not much different from a
Ficht?? & if that's your point then agreed!!!