trainfan1

Default Vehicle for Towing boat

Joe Blizzard wrote:
"V Crenshaw" wrote

You do NOT want anything with front wheel drive

Thanks, this helps a lot.

Don't forget to take free advice (including mine) for what it's worth. I
regularly pull my portly old 18' runabout up a steep ramp using my front
wheel drive Taurus wagon with no trouble atoll. When the pickup truck guys
have traction trouble, guess which wheels they lock in to get things going?
This is not to say you shouldn't get a big truck or suburban or something if
you can afford it, (I'd love to have one just for towing), but if you have
to make do with a compromise, you can. I don't take my boat on long trips
behind the Taurus, by the way, just ~10 miles to and from the ramp to plop
it in and pluck it out of the water.

Ditto.

Our 2 Taurus wagons have been superb tow vehicles including launch ramp
performance.

Rob