posted to rec.boats.paddle
riverman riverman is offline

Default You've got to be kidding, leaping carp?

"Bill Tuthill" wrote in message
Pete Cresswell wrote:

Per riverman:
In fact, the solution to the snakehead and carp invasion in the US might
be
to start advertising them as a game fish, and start putting them on
menus.
Look what it did for tuna, cod and lobster. :-)

First thing, somebody's got to come up with
a sweeter-sounding name than "snakehead"..... -)

The Latin name is Channa (marulius, micropeltes, lucius, striata, gachua).
That sounds pretty good! Reminds me of Chana Masala. Picture he

http://www.pattayafishing.com/freshwater.html

Ugh, I hate that site. I've seen it before.....the picture of the Giant
Mekong Catfish bugs the hell out of me. Those are incredibly old, incredibly
rare and incredibly at-risk fish, and its a crime that Pattaya Fishing
advertises that they will take you fishing for them.

That picture is of the largest freshwater fish ever caught and recorded.
Here's a story about the efforts to save these fish:
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ntcatfish.html

--riverman