Doug Kanter

Default Vehicle for Towing boat

"Bill Kiene" wrote in message
om...
Hello V,

The minivans all tow about 3500# max with a trailer towing package. That

is
cutting it pretty close.

A Toyota Tacoma double cab with a V6 and a towing package can pull ~5000#
max.

To be safe I would think that you would want to have a vehicle that can

tow
~5000#.

This will probably be a 4 door pickup or an SUV ? but they won't get 30mpg
on the free way. Maybe 20 not pulling.

If you don't need to tow your boat all the time, I would get a new mini

van
and get someone to pull your boat.

Bill Kiene

As a benchmark for the OP, my Tacoma gets 20-21 mpg on the highway NOT
towing, assuming I pay very close attention to when to use cruise control,
and when cc is NOT the best idea. Measured this on about 30 identical 200
mile trips.