Wayne.B

Default Vehicle for Towing boat

On Sat, 15 May 2004 23:29:00 GMT, wrote:

The Tundra has the best reliability rating in "Consumer Reports"
magazine and the Ford F-150 is next.

I have a 2002 Tundra, V8/4wd/extended cab, with 45,000 miles on it.
It has been a great vehicle so far and rated for 7,200 lbs towing. We
pulled our 24 ft I/O cuddy 1300 miles from CT to FL last year with no
problems at all. Total weight was about 6,500 with boat and trailer.
No problem maintaining 70+ on the Interstates, used no oil, and got
about 9mpg towing. Normal mileage is about 15 mpg. The Tundra has a
VERY nice engine - overhead cams, fuel injection and distributorless
electronic ignition. If it turns out anything like my old 1992 Camry
it will go 100,000 miles before it needs a tune up and new plugs.