Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Baltic 43...a mistake????

On Wed, 01 Nov 2006 06:58:25 -0500, Charlie Morgan wrote:

Big problem in LIS if you want to actually go anywhere. MANY (if not MOST) of
the nicest places to visit are 8 feet at MLW. Anything much over 5-6 foot
draft, and you are fairly severely limited.

There are a *lot* of people on Long Island Sound with deep draft 40
and 50 foot sailboats and you don't see them running aground that
often.

Here in south Florida I carry spare props on my 24 ft I/O that draws 3
feet. In the Bahamas we wait for a rising tide to enter most harbors
with a trawler that draws close to 5 1/2 ft.