[email protected] nospam@junk.worldwidewiley.com is offline

Default Baltic 43...a mistake????

On 31 Oct 2006 09:55:56 -0800, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

Some of our friends say "you don't buy the right boat at the wrong time
and good deals be damned." Others say, JUMP! I think the latter group
just wants to sail her!

I'd be interested in what YOU would do if presented with this
opportunity. Oh, and we are not really permitted to flip the boat. The
offer is for us to BUY and keep her for a while. My friend could easily
sell her for more without my help!

If you care about the money, you can try to quantify things. Figure
out how long till you'll be "ready" for a boat like that. Figure out
how much more it will cost you to own the Baltic than your old boat
for that length of time. Include slip fees, maintenance,
depreciation, etc, as well as a round number to refit the Baltic to
the same condition it is in now at the end of that time. Figure out
how much that money could reasonably earn if invested over that period
of time. Compare that number to the estimated cost of buying the same
boat at the end of the period. That gives an estimate of what it
really will cost you to make your move now.

Then go ahead and do whatever you want to do and your wife will let
you do! :-)
Glen "Wiley" Wilson usenet1 SPAMNIX at world wide wiley dot com
To reply, lose the capitals and do the obvious.

Take a look at cpRepeater, my NMEA data integrator, repeater, and
logger at http://www.worldwidewiley.com/