Ree-Yees

Default What anchor should I buy?

Im anchoring in J Percy Priest lake in tennesse, it is a muddy lake.

The people before me said they only used the anchor twice, so I would assume
they just had it for the heck of it. However, me and my family like to
anchor down for an hour to do some fishing or swimming.

I have been looking up some anchoring information and it appears that I have
been going about it all wrong and with this garbage anchor. All the other
boats that I see anchored are just dropping them over the side to the bottom
and ting it up. So that is what I have done.

I realize now that I am supposed to be giving it a bit of slack to make like
a 45 degree angle with my anchor! That danforth anchor looks pretty cool. I
have seen some like that for about $30 at bass pro so I might test one of
those out too.

There sure is alot to learn about boats. Sure sucks some money away too!

Thanks guys,
--C

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
that is an anchor for muddy rivers and lakes. It is the PREFERRED anchor

for
muddy rivers and lakes on boats just stopped to do a little fishing.

Don't let anyone talk you into some anchor/chain/12 to 1 scope monstrosity
better suited to anchoring on a coral reef.

what you have preferred for the waters that boat used in prior, and

probably
the waters you intend to use the boat in now.

I have an anchor (came with the used boat) that looks like this:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...3&hvarTarget=s

arch&cmCat=SearchResults

Mine is probably 15 pounds. When I anchor in 15-20 feet of water the

boat
will slowly still move away. After about 30 minutes I will have moved

15-20
yards back out into the lake.

What style of anchor do I need for a 19 foot sea ray?

--C