IBNFSHN

Default What anchor should I buy?

80 ft of chain for a 19 ft boat. Good Grief! Well that would certainly hold
it, you wouldn't even need an anchor at the end of it.

--
Bill
Chesapeake, Va

"Chris Newport" wrote in message
On Saturday 15 May 2004 7:52 pm in rec.boats Ree-Yees wrote:

I have an anchor (came with the used boat) that looks like this:

http://www.basspro.com/servlet/catal...&hvarTarget=se
arch&cmCat=SearchResults

Mine is probably 15 pounds. When I anchor in 15-20 feet of water the

boat
will slowly still move away. After about 30 minutes I will have moved
15-20 yards back out into the lake.

What style of anchor do I need for a 19 foot sea ray?

15 pounds is a paperweight, only suitable for a rowboat.
OTOH, you may not have a problem, in 20 feet of water you should have
paid out 80 feet of chain (NOT rope) so 15 yards of movement does not
necessarily mean that the anchor has moved if there is a strong current.

--
My real address is crn (at) netunix (dot) com
WARNING all messages containing attachments or html will be silently