[email protected] tschnautz@gmail.com is offline

Default I'm thinking of buying a 1989 Thundercraft magnum "bubble boat"

agreed!

the old rule about investing is "if you can't afford to lose it(money),
you can't afford to invest it, either.

$4500. isn't going to make nor break me, even if the deal went bad.

Like I said, the boat seems to be in good shape, No new, but well
taken care of.

Chuck Gould wrote:
wrote:

the whole shibang for $4500.

Well, if it turns out to be a piece of shi, at least you won't be all
that badly banged. :-)

The problem with a cheap old boat is that mot people refuse to consider
them disposable.
They start off at $4500, but it "just needs" this, and then "just
needs" that. Pretty soon some folks have another 100-200 percent of the
original purchase price involved, with no end in sight.

Famous last words: "If I had known I was going to have $XXXXXX invested
in this boat in the first six months, I would have bought one of the
newer and nicer models I passed up when shopping because I thought the
prices were too expensive."

If it checks out mechanically and structurally and you like it- that's
all that really matters.
As the guy in the tie-dye shirt says, "You're here for a good time, not
necessarily a long time."