=> Vox Populi ©

Default Boat title question

bomar wrote:
"bighead" wrote in message
om...
"= Vox Populi ©" wrote in message

bighead wrote:
Hi. My son bought a boat from his uncle, who has questionable
ethics.

One would have to question the ethics of anyone who would knowingly
do business with someone with questionable ethics, or allow
their children to do business with such a person.

This year when my son went to register the boat he discovered
that the number on the boat certificate did not match the number
on the boat itself. The uncle said he bought it from another
guy, and never got around to changing the title. Everything else
on the certificate is correct, the make and length and such. Is
there any way to resolve the problem? Can he file for a lost
title? We live in Texas. I guess my main fear is that the boat
was stolen,

Call the police then.

but if thats the case
how did my brother in law obtain the certificate of number?

Not your concern.

Maybe it
was in the boat? Would you call the person whose name is on the
certificate and find out if the sale really took place?

Call 911.

Thanks for any help.

any help besides this smartass prick?

Yeah.
Follow his advice.

Bwahahahaaahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

--
"The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our
number one priority and we will not rest until we find him."

"I don't know where he (bin Laden) is. I have no idea and I really
don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority."
~ George Bush Jr. 2002-03-13

"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to
get a deferment. Not was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to
better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."
~George W. Bush on how he dodged the
Vietnam draft---1994