Jeff Jeff is offline

Default Apelco (Raytheon) Fishfinder 460

I think I had lots of vertical or horizontal lines - its was really a
mess. I had already bought a replacement, and after concluding there
was no way to make the old transducer work with the new head, I
decided to experiment. There was nothing left to loose at that point,
and in fact with an hour I had it working just fine.

Skip Gundlach wrote:
Hi, Jeff,

Jeff wrote:
When my Apelco display went south I took it apart, cleaned all the
contacts, and put it back together. Its worked fine for another year now.

My screen has many artifacts in it, including both top corners being
black. Did the clean-it-up routine restore those?

Thanks for the tip. Perhaps I'll try that before trashing it...