Matt O'Toole Matt O'Toole is offline

Default New nav computer/Skype phone/PDA aboard!

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 11:08:35 -0500, Glenn Ashmore wrote:

I should add that while the possibility of becoming a supernode is a real
possibility for Larry and machines that are connected all the time, for most
boaters it is not really a problem.

I'm sure it takes more bandwidth to become a supernode than is available
to most boaters.

Even if you're getting full wifi bandwidth both ways, it's likely your
wifi connection is hooked to a cable, DSL, or ISDN line with no more
than 128k upstream, if that.

Even with 256k upstream on a cable connection, I never went "super."

I wouldn't worry about it.

Matt O.