Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Battery question for Larry

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 13:02:20 GMT, "Roger Long"
wrote:

I've got a good three stage charger in the boat. If I put a good
charge on my two AGM's just before the shrink wrap goes on and leave
them till early spring with no further attention, will I have reduced
their life and strength enough that the $70 would have been a good
investment? If the difference between warm, charged, and dead, cold
storage is just around the theoretical margins, I'm inclined to leave
them in place this year.

Shouldn't be a problem. Most folks with really large batteries like
8Ds do that because they are too much trouble to wrestle on and off
the boat.

After your final charge in the fall I'd recommend removing the battery
cables to eliminate all possibility of a leakage path.

Recharge promptly in the spring at first opportunity.