posted to rec.arts.movies.current-films,misc.transport.trucking,rec.boats,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.games.bridge
Gunner Gunner is offline

Default OT: Wake Up And Smell The Invasion !!!!

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 17:14:06 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 15:35:59 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:57:14 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
om...

The authoritative source on crime and arrests is the FBI's "Crime in
the United States" (CIUS).
http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/

In 2005, there were 14,094,186 arrests in all jurisdictions; 603,000
of those were for violent crime. So, 4.3% of arrests were for violent
crime, and about 96% for property crime, stock fraud, etc.

GAO reported its study of illegal alien prisoners and the offenses for
which they were arrested. Among a sample of illegal alien prisoners,
12% had been arrested for violent crimes.
http://www.gao.gov/htext/d05646r.html

There are 2,079,000 prisoners (fed, state, local), and 270,000 of
those are illegal aliens.

Conclusions:
* Whether there are 8 million illegals, or 9 or 10 million (we don't
know) among our 300 million US population, illegals are less than 3.4%
of residents.
* Yet, they are 13% of prisoners (270K / 2,079K), and 36% of those
arrested and incarcerated for violent crimes (4.3% of 2,079K = 89.4K.
12% of 270K = 32.4K. 32.4 / 89.4 = 36%)
* 88% of illegal alien criminals are not violent criminals, BUT
illegal alien CRIMINALS are three times as likely to commit violent
crime as criminals who are NOT illegal aliens (i.e. either natives,
naturalized, or arrived here legally): 12% vs. 4.3%.

What does that mean in the GENERAL population, not just the criminal
underworld? It's BAD.

In a representative sample of 10,000 US residents, there would be:
333 illegal aliens, of those
9 are jailed, and of those
1 (1.1) was arrested for violent crime. One violent criminal per 309
illegal aliens.

Among the sample's 9,667 non-aliens, there would be:
60 jailed, and of those
3 (2.6) were arrested for violent crime. One violent criminal per
3,729 non-aliens.

So the illegal alien GENERAL population has a propensity for violent
crime 12 times that of the remainder of the US population. (3,729 /
309 = 12.1)

Two things:

1) My toaster failed to kill me for the 8 billionth time. Has it made a
tactical error?

2) Get me some stats showing other populations in THIS country which are
overrepresented in the prisons.

http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/homicide/race.htm

Interesting stats. What do they mean to you?

It means that there are certain segments of our society who are more
prone to crime/violence than others, for a number of reasons.

And what do they mean to you?

Gunner

I agree with your last statement. But, those numbers don't indicate anything
about illegal immigrants unless more detail is provided.

was this your question or not?:

"Get me some stats showing other populations in THIS country which are
overrepresented in the prisons."

Or are you trying to do another goalpost change once that I provided
them from irrefutable sources?

Gunner

- Proverbs 22:3