Jeff Jeff is offline

Default New nav computer/Skype phone/PDA aboard!

Larry wrote:

While I'm very proud of all of you who feel guilty in some way of using
someone else's wifi, I don't think you need be. If they don't want you
to use it, they simply WEP protect it, which is like locking your house
to keep the public from using your bathroom.

So, whenever you need to go to the bathroom, you just try a nearby
house to see if its unlocked? Why don't you just add an outhouse?

On the WiFi issue, I've been skeptical in the past, but my migrant
liveaboard friends said that on their current trip south (from Nova
Scotia, now somewhere around NJ) they've had almost continuous WiFi
connections using an antenna they hoist up. These are folks who would
typically anchor out, away from the crowds. They said their biggest
problem is too many signals, all with the default SSID's.

One odd problem they have is they can't get two computers to share one
feed. They ended up getting a second antenna.