posted to rec.boats.building
jim.isbell jim.isbell is offline

Default Black Walnut bad luck?

Bob wrote:

And dont forget to find thoes plastic honey containers that are in the
shape of a bear, cut off their heads and throw them over board ASAP!
Bob

I am perhaps one of the "luckiest" people in the world. Everything
always goes well for me. BUT I dont believe in luck, its hard work
that counts. When I was racing, my car number was "8", a number that
looks the same either side up..supposedly very bad luck for a race car.
I have re-named every boat I ever owned...supposedly very bad luck. I
always carry bannanas on my boat in the refer..more bad luck. I always
deliberately challange superstition and yet here I stand still being
very fortunate after 70 years of thumbing my nose at superstition. I
think I will get some Black Walnut for my next interior project.