Reginald P. Smithers III Reginald P. Smithers III is offline

Default How to Drill Out a Broken Bolt?

Clams Canino wrote:
"Frogwatch" wrote in message

Good Lord, give him credit for trying to do his own work. So he makes
expensive mistakes, I bet he learns from them. I have managed to break
5 drill bits in rapid succession.

Not bolts...... I broke a head bolt on a Honda 50 when I was 12.....
not TWO head bolts.

-W

I hate to say this, but from the questions Jay was asking in other
threads, it was obvious this would be the results. Since Jay likes to
do some of the basic work himself, he needs to find a shade tree
mechanic who will help him with some basics, such as telling the
difference between foot/lbs and inch/lbs. As long as he is doing "on
the job training" and is using rec.boats as his tutor, he will continue
to have problems.