Wayne.B Wayne.B is offline

Default Boating Mishaps

On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 21:51:28 GMT, "Tom G"
wrote:

Just as I
was stepping from top pier to second, I remembered that I hadn't yet put in
steps to account for the two foot difference in levels. Fell forward,
bounced off the second pier and went head first the last 8ft to the river
bank.

Lucky you're still here...

My most recent accidental swim was last year in Baltimore. Somehow I
mis-stepped going from the swim platform to the dock and ended up in
the drink. Still don't know exactly how it happened other than an
obvious failure to pay attention at a critical juncture.

My wife and I pulled a classic three stooges act many years ago and we
both went in. We were carrying a sailboat mast down an L shaped dock
with a piling at the L. Which ever one of us was in the lead made the
turn too fast, the mast sproinged off the piling and flipped us both
in the water. Fortunately there were no cameras around, and the mast
landed on the dock undamaged.

I can remember several dock parties where people have gone in after
enjoying the festivities a little too much.

We also had a woman knocked unconcious at my club in Connecticut a
number of years ago. She slipped getting off of her boat at the
mooring and fell between the rail and the club launch boat.