Tom G Tom G is offline

Default Boating Mishaps

" JimH" not telling you @ pffftt.com wrote in message
. ..

"Tom G" wrote in message
news:ZNO%g.4181$PA3.3773@trndny04...

"Wayne.B" wrote in message
Anyone recognize themselves here?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Eo08eSb09bQ

Yeah, three times in the last two years. But the 8ft, head first fall
from the pier into the rocks below, was the one that damn near killed me.

Tom G.

You have to elaborate on that story!

BTW: I took my biannual plunge off the dock this year......slipped while
getting off and dropped between the dock and the boat. The water was only
3 1/2 feet deep but the bottom was mucky.

Just put in the first two piers. Still had two more sections and ramp to
add but I decided after dark to go down and do a little fishing. Just as I
was stepping from top pier to second, I remembered that I hadn't yet put in
steps to account for the two foot difference in levels. Fell forward,
bounced off the second pier and went head first the last 8ft to the river
bank. Managed to get back up the 50ft to the top of the hill and thought I
would clean up and go to bed. Middle of night, everything from my neck to
my waist went into spasm. Had to have the EMTs come haul me to the
hospital. After many tests, it was determined that I hadn't broke anything
but had sprained all the muscles from head to waist.
I had landed on the back of my neck and so knocked the breath out of
myself, that I was sure I had broken my neck or back. Couldn't breath or
call out for help for about 5 minutes. Now, I have to tell my wife if I'm
going down to the river or out on the boat by myself. And I wear a life
jacket whenever I'm close enough to the water to fall in and not walk out.

Tom G