posted to rec.boats.building
Gm1234 Gm1234 is offline

Default Tricolour masthead lights

"pete" wrote

I did hire a 9m sailboat a few months ago though, and this was a brand
new Beneteau, with no steaming light, just the all round anchor light
I described before. I wasn't happy about it as I was motor sailing in
poor weather, but I never met any other boats to confuse

On a boat less than 20m, it is acceptable to have port/stb lights plus an
all round white light when under power. Many power boats use this set-up and
it is acceptable on sailboats too when under power.

The all round light should of course be a nav light not a low intensity
anchor light. Our all round light has a bulb with two filaments - one for
anchor light and one for navigation.