basskisser

Default Engine dies- Putters when trying to plane- engine under under heavy load

"Calif Bill" wrote in message thlink.net...
"Bora Cider" wrote in message
Sorry so much detail. I have a 1993 21.5 Cuddy
(Dynasty) I put a new 4.3 Mercrusier in it with
new carb, new plugs wire,distributor. manifold(s)
intake and exhaust, alpha one gen II drive.

Boat ran fine for about 20 hours use. I hit a
submerged object(dunnage wood I guess underwater)
at a hard idle it bent the aluminum prop up
moderately but did not spin it. Since the
incident when I try to get the boat on plane it
sputters and dies.

Check the timing. the abrupt stop may have cracked the rotor.

Wouldn't it be just as easy, and more prudent to just check the rotor, then?