posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty Scotty is offline

Default Catamaran Schooner?

"DSK" wrote in message
.. .
Scotty wrote:
Ever seen one? Click this pic to full size and you'll

see
one.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...0093894541gYua
UA

Very cool photo. If those modern fiberglass things weren't
in the way, this could be a pic of 200 years ago.

Yes, sometimes I had to wait a while till those damn clorox
bottles got out of the way.

The catamaran appears to be like a Wharram design, they
often have sprit and/or gaff rigs. Did you get a closer

shot
of it?

No, I didn't even notice it till late in the day, as it
sailed away. It just happened to be in that shot.

You got some GREAT shots, I love the one of Pride reaching
by with square sails braced up and a man aloft on the
crossjack.

Yeah, she's a beaty, eh. BTW, there's 2 guys up there.

But who let the barkentine join in a schooner race?!?

I don't know, but I'm glad they did. She needs a little
paint though. When the wind died, she just sat there, didn't
move an inch. As did Norfolk Rebel, the Tugantine. Most of
the others drifted. Even when the wind picked up, from the
South, she couldn't get going. Finally she moved, but across
the bay, not making much VMG at all. Also, Norfolk Rebel
started her engines and finally left.

Scotty