Dry Dry is offline

Default Suzuki 2hp Tell Tale

I hope that your not from the Mahone Bay area, my 2 h.p. Suzuki was stolen
from the tender wharf in August .
James Sweet wrote:

Johnny wrote:
Hi

Picked up an 85 DT2 Suzuki 2Hp Outboard. Appears to have very lows
hours (paint is unscathed).
Problem is that fuel was not drained and the interior metal of the carb
has been etched. She starts up though and runs. Looks like a new carb
would be a solution. The bigger issue though, where in the heck is
does the water spit out? Had the little gem flashed up for a few
seconds in a garbage can and could not see tell tale.

Thanks

Johnny

Why replace the carb? A bit of etching in the metal shouldn't hurt
anything, just clean it out well.

Does it have a telltail? Look closely at the underside of the power
head, a hole should be obvious if it has one.