DSK

Default Another Beautiful Bay Day!

John H wrote:
The increase hurts a little, but it amounts to only a couple dollars for a trip.

Agreed. We see the effect of higher prices more in driving to the boat
than in use of the boat. Fuel is a very small cost of ownership; unless
you have a real gas-guzzler of a fast boat and use it at high speed a lot.

In other words, the marginal cost doesn't play into the decision much. Also, I
always have a friend or two to go along and share the cost. Split two or three
ways, the cost isn't too bad.

Sure. And most people, when they get 'bit' for big fuel bill, will try
to use the boat in a more fuel efficient manner (ie go slower, don't go
as far) rather than switch to a different type of boat.

I've never thought seriously about buying a sail boat, but I have thought about
buying a bigger power boat, so I'll have more room for fishing!

And it would be less weather sensitive, too.

Fair Skies
Doug King