posted to rec.boats.building
Dan Dan is offline

Default Peel Ply.. Please Help

Likewise, however, I did a test with the 6 oz cloth and 17 oz biax. I
laminated two pieces to a piece of plywood side by side using the exact
same epoxy. After 24 hr. curing in the house, I was able to rip the 6 oz
off the wood, but not the biax. I suspect something was wrong with the 6
oz material. I bought new material (10 oz) and I'll try that.

That's interesting, as I know literally hundreds of people that have
covered wood (S&G or strip) kayaks and canoes with 6 oz. fabric and
epoxy of various brands with zero problems. I've used it in multilayer
kayak repairs with zero problems. I suspect that there's more to this
story.