Roger Mills Roger Mills is offline

Default Puddle Drain

I have an old (early 1980's vintage) Suzuki 5HP outboard engine which I am
preparing for sale.

It hasn't been used for about 15 years, and I fired it up today in a tank of
water to check that it still worked - which it did, after a fashion!

It was very reluctant to run without the choke being pulled out, and it
stalled instantly whenever I put it in gear.

Looking at the trouble-shooting section in the owner's handbook, it seems
possible that the puddle drain may be blocked. However, it doesn't tell you
what a puddle drain is, how to identify it, or how to clean it.

Can anyone shed any light on this, please.
--
Cheers,
Roger