Calif Bill

Default Engine dies- Putters when trying to plane- engine under under heavy load

"Bora Cider" wrote in message
Sorry so much detail. I have a 1993 21.5 Cuddy
(Dynasty) I put a new 4.3 Mercrusier in it with
new carb, new plugs wire,distributor. manifold(s)
intake and exhaust, alpha one gen II drive.

Boat ran fine for about 20 hours use. I hit a
submerged object(dunnage wood I guess underwater)
at a hard idle it bent the aluminum prop up
moderately but did not spin it. Since the
incident when I try to get the boat on plane it
sputters and dies. I cannot think of what to check
as it will idle/start and rev with no problem when
under lite or no load. Does anyone have any
suggestions on what I should be looking for ?
Thanks Kevan

Check the timing. the abrupt stop may have cracked the rotor.