John H

Default Another Beautiful Bay Day!

With my buddy Rich (better known as "Gimp") I took the "PocoLoco" out for her
first fishing trip after my trip to Holland. We left the dock about 7:15, headed
for buoy #83 east of Deale. Upon hitting 30' of water we put the lines out, two
umbrella rigs and two tandem parachute rigs. Within 30 minutes one of the reels
began screaming and we pulled in a 35" rockfish on a chartreuse parachute.
(That's similar to a bucktail, with a plastic 9" sassy shad attached.) The fish
put up a decent fight, although rockfish are not known for their fights.

We continued trolling for about four more hours, but didn't even have a bite. At
$2.20 per gallon for gas, a total of five hours trolling at a four gallon per
hour fuel consumption rate, that fish cost about $44. Not bad for a nice
rockfish, only a little over $1 per inch!

The weather was spectacular, light breeze, waves about one foot. It was a
gorgeous day!

John H

On the 'Poco Loco' out of Deale, MD
on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay!