Harry Krause

Default Is beheading worse than...

Gould 0738 wrote:

My fellow liberals are reaching way out there on this one.

The difference between an execution in Texas and a beheading in Iraq is a trial
by a jury of peers and the protection afforded by civil law. In Texas, there is
something of an appeals process available so that the condemned can make a
legal attempt to
save his/her life and the court system will review the trial to sure that the
conviction was legal and proper (by Texas standards): a different consideration
than whether the punishment is humane and/or appropriate.

Ahhh...by Texas standards. Yes, I will admit: Texas standards are one
rung up on the ladder from Iraqi standards.