Calif Bill Calif Bill is offline

Default Who ever said that catching fish was difficult?

"Tom Francis" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:30:14 -0400, Wayne.B
wrote:

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:42:18 GMT, Tom Francis
wrote:

Did I ever relate the story of getting knocked out by a flying fish
one time in the Gulf?

Or would that be off-topic? :)

Not here.

Somewhere on YouTube there is a video of a guy in a bass boat getting
knocked down by a ticked off tarpon who jumped into the boat.

I've seen that. Somewhere in YouTube is the tape of those Chinese
weed eater catfish jumping like crazy into a boat along a tributary of
the Mississippi. Those things are dangerous - 5/6 lb fish with no
small amount of energy jumping into the boat.

What happened with me was out of no where, a school of the things came
up (we were working the rigs for snapper), a couple of them flew into
the cockpit and one zinged me upside the head. I ducked and hit my
head on the bridge ladder - out like a light.

Flying fish have a brittle beak. Local guy from here was down in La Paz a
few years ago and while leaning over in a panga, got hit in the arse by a
flying fish. Beak broke off. So a trip to the clinic to have fish lips
removed. Rather embarrassing.