Harry Krause

Default 8 frickin posts ng and EVERYone political

JAXAshby wrote:
nice hoary. nice.

now, with all that incredible knowledge of things nautical why don't you
participate in discussions nautical?

jes askin

Yeah, well, club racing, starting with dinghies, is where one usually
learns about sailing. That's where I started, in Milford and Branford,
Connecticut.

Incredible knowledge? Nah. Just a lot of practical knowledge from many
years of salt water boating.

I used to participate in such discussions until the place was invaded by
a herd of hair-splitting assholes who thought they had some point to
prove, over and over and over, and by in-year-face assholes like Karen
Smith of Australia, a dispenser of verbosity, if nothing else.

I pretty much avoid your discussions, Jax, because they are tediously
vacuous. You wouldn't approve of my anchoring procedures, anyway. When
I'm fishing and anchored, I use as little line as will hold the boat in
one place. Depending upon the depth, the bottom, the wind and the
current, my anchor rode sometimes is pretty close to vertical. Annoying,
eh?

This is especially important in the Annapolis area, where on any given
Sunday, weekend sailboaters tend to act as if the Bay exists only for
them, and a boat anchored well outside any nav channels is only a target
of opportunity.

Frankly, I've never bene able to figure out why the Bay attracts so many
sailors. For much of the year, there isn't enough wind to float feather,
and the body of water itself is shoaled up along the edges quite a
distance from shore.

Most of them are dock-condo types, methinks.