posted to rec.boats.paddle,rec.boats.paddle.touring
donquijote1954 donquijote1954 is offline

Default kayak paddle best for canoe?

Grip wrote:
For large body open water stuff, if it works well for you, why change? It
wouldn't hurt to learn proper however if you're bored or want a new
challenge. I've been WW kayaking for years, and just a year ago bought a WW
solo canoe, Mohawk XL-13. Being used to a doublr blade, I tried that, but
when I started using a proper canoe paddle, I found it much more rewarding
and fun.

Thank you both. I'll probably take up the challenge anyway.

I wonder what is faster, kayak or canoe in Olympic competition, and
hopefully draw some conclusions.